In a 2L magicpot, add 1/4C (60ml) water. Close, fix weight and switch on the stove. Cook on ‘high’ so that you get a whistle between 1 and 2 minutes. Switch off.
- Got whistle in less than 1 min? Decrease heat.
- Got whistle after 2 mins? Increase heat.
- On gas, ensure the flame covers the base of your PressureBaker without coming up the sides.
- Handles heating up? Change burner/ Use induction.
- On induction, ‘high’ is around 1200W.
- Electric/ ceramic stove tops are sluggish & need 5 to 15 mins of preheating before you place the magicpot over it.